(Last updated: 23 April 2018)
1. About This Policy
We want you to obtain personalised experiences anytime, anywhere, on any device. This requires us to collect personal information from you. However, we want to put you in control of that personal information. We want you to be aware at all times where and how your personal information is being used. This is of paramount importance to us. So, let’s describe what this Policy tells you. It explains:
1) what information we may collect about you;
2) what we may do with the information we collect about you;
3) whether we share your information with anyone else;
4) the types of cookies we use and how you can reject these cookies;
5) where we store your information;
6) how we keep your information secure; and
7) your rights in relation to your information.
At Maglabs we take your privacy seriously. We operate on the principle that your personal information belongs to you and only you can decide who you want to share it with and why. This is fundamental to the way we work and we’re committed to providing a secure environment for you to store your personal information and share it with others when you want to.
2. When does this policy apply?
3. Here is the information we may collect about you
Information you voluntarily provide
1) If you contact us (by phone, email or through the Websites or Platforms), we may keep a record of that correspondence for two years in case we need to contact you in relation to the issue for which you contacted us, for operational performance improvement and/or nuisance caller management. We will not use it for marketing purposes.
2) If you report a problem with the Websites, Platform or Platform Services, we may keep that information for two years in case we need to contact you in relation to the issue you for which you contacted us, for operational performance improvement and/or nuisance caller management. We will not use it for marketing purposes.
The information you give may include your name, address, telephone number and email address.
Information we collect about you and your device
When you use the Websites or Platforms and interact with our services, we may use technology such as that provided by Google Analytics to collect information about your visit to our Websites or Platforms. You can find more information about Google Analytics here. In essence, Google Analytics enables us to analyse how you and others interact with our Websites or Platforms. The information we collect may include:
1) your IP address;
2) the type of browser you use (e.g. are you using the Chrome or Safari browser?);
3) the number of sessions per browser on each device;
4) the type of device (eg Samsung) and operating system (eg Android) you are using;
5) referrer information;
6) time zone;
7) user preferences; and
8) which pages you visited.
4. This is what we do with the information we collect about you
We use the information you provide to us to:
1) enable us to provide the services;
2) ensure that content from our Websites and Platforms is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device to achieve the most user-friendly navigation experience;
3) provide you with marketing information about us and our services (you may opt out from receiving such information at any time);
4) notify you about changes to the Websites, the Platforms and the services;
6) defend our servers against malicious attacks.
Where we propose using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
Our use of aggregated and anonymised information
We may share anonymised usage data which does not identify you specifically with third parties. We may combine your data with those of other users of our Websites and Platforms and share this information in aggregated and anonymised form with third parties to help us improve the design and delivery of our software tools, increasing the effectiveness for all users.
This is who we share your information with
We will only share your information with other organisations where we have your permission to do so in accordance with this Policy or where we believe it is necessary for a legitimate reason connected with the Websites, the Platforms or our services.
We work with analytics providers and we may receive information about you from them. Below is a non-exhaustive list of third parties we work with. We may work with third parties not listed below or stop working with the third parties listed below.
|NAME OF THIRD PARTY
||WHY WE WORK WITH THEM
||To monitor Website and Platform performance & user experience.
|Google Apps for Work
||To process emails.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
1) if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request;
3) to protect the rights, property or safety of our Websites, Platforms or our users.
Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored on your computer, mobile phone or other device. Pixels are small blocks of code on web pages that do things like allow another server to measure viewing of a Web page and are often used in connection with cookies. HTML5 Local Storage is a small database located inside your browser which web pages can use to store data to speed up their processing. We may use all three technologies from time to time, to help improve your browsing experience.
We have outlined below the individual cookies we use and why we use them:
||Used by Google Analytics to distinguish users.
||Google Analytics Cookie Usage
||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.
||Google Analytics Cookie Usage.
||Used by Google Analytics
||Google Analytics Cookie Usage
||Used by Google Analhtics to distinguish users and sessions.
||Google Analytics Cookie Usage
5. This is where we store your information
The information that we collect from you may be processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA), but we have ensured that there is an adequate level of protection for such information.
Keeping information secure
All information you provide to us is stored on servers owned and operated by Amazon Web Services, Inc. More information on this provider is available at https://aws.amazon.com.
6. Here are your rights
We think it is important that you are able to control your personal information.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The law gives you the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We first require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification. We will supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files. In addition, you may request rectification or erasure of personal information as well as the restriction of processing of your personal information. We will comply with your requests in accordance with the applicable law.
If you wish to complain about the processing of your personal information then please contact us first, but if we do not satisfactorily deal with your complaint, then you may contact the Information Commissioner.
If you want to stop using the Websites, Platforms and the services, you may do so. If you do, you may also want to remove any cookies that we have placed on any device used to access the Websites, Platforms and the services.
7. Third party properties accessed from the website or platforms
Our Websites, Platforms and services may contain links to and from the online properties of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these online properties, please note that these online properties have their own privacy policies which will govern use of any personal information that they process. Please check these policies carefully before you click on any links and/or submit any personal information to these online properties.
8. Change of control
If the ownership of our business changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner so they can continue to operate the Websites, Platforms and provide the services. The new owner will be obliged to comply with this Policy.
9. Changes to our policy
Any changes we may make to this Policy will be posted on this page. Where it makes sense because the changes are material, we will notify you by e-mail or in another appropriate manner such as when you next interact with the Websites or Platforms.
10. Contacting us is easy
We really do welcome any questions, comments and requests you may have regarding this Policy. You can contact us by emailing us at email@example.com.